Palace of the Assembly is a legislative assembly designed by world famous architect Le Corbusier and is located in Chandigarh, India.
The building is part of the UNESCO World Heritage site “The Architectural Work of Le Corbusier, an Outstanding Contribution to the Modern Movement”. The style is characterised by:
- asymmetrical compositions
- use of general cubic or cylindrical shapes
- flat roofs
- use of reinforced concrete
- metal and glass frameworks often resulting in large windows in horizontal bands
- an absence of ornament or mouldings.