Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A postcard sent from Gaza, Rock of Ascension


Postcard
The Gaza Strip, a 25-mile long, 7-mile wide strip of land, is a self-governed entity on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea at the border between Israel and Egypt.
 
The Chapel of the Ascension is a shrine located on the Mount of Olives; a site the faithful traditionally believe to be the earthly spot where Jesus ascended into Heaven forty days after his resurrection. It houses a slab of stone believed to contain one of his footprints.

Stamp
The main post office in Gaza is located at Omar al-Mukhtar Street (see postmark). The stamp pictures an olive tree.

1 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I think it's the first time I see a postcard and a stamp from Palestine. It's a place I'd like to visit, I hope I could go there one day.

Post a Comment

Flags

Free counters!

Total Pageviews