Ulaanbaatar is the capital and, with 1.3 million inhabitants, the largest city of Mongolia. The city is home to 40% of the country’s population. No bigger contrast possible between the city dwellers and the (semi) nomadic life of the other 60%.
Yurts have existed for thousands of years in Central Asia, in virtually the same form as they exist today. They are ideal dwellings for the nomadic cultures of the Central Asian steppe.